BNP Paribas in Austria
The Representative Office of BNP Paribas is the "business office" - bridge between the Austrian clients (banks, insurance companies, corporates and public entities) and the manyfold product divisions of the bank.
BNP Paribas is one of the leading foreign banks in Austria combining financial strength, a strong balance sheet and the advantages of its vast international network with its indepth knowledge of Austrian clients and their needs. Though established only in 2000, BNP Paribas` Austrian market presence among the top 100 corporations is highly developed.
BNP Paribas S.A. was created in the year 2000 as a result of the merger between a strong global retail bank (Banque National de Paris) and an internationally leading investment bank (Banque Paribas).
BNP Paribas is a leading provider of fixed income, equity, credit and commodity derivatives, of debt capital markets products and structured finance (incl. syndicated loans, project finance) for banks and corporates in Austria. About one third of BNP Paribas' Austrian business comprises derivatives and the bond-segment contributes about one fourth to BNP Paribas' business in Austria.
Further BNP PARIBAS products for Austrian corporates, financial institutions and public entities are:
Read the leaflet "2011 at a glance"
- Equity products (IPOs, rights issues, securities lending, convertible and exchangeable bonds)
- Sales of (structured and unstructured) fixed income products
- Foreign exchange
- Export financing (we specialise on multi-sourcing projects and have housebank status with Oesterreichische Kontrollbank)
- Cash management
- Trade finance
- Financing for the energy and commodities sector
- Commodity trading and hedging
- Mergers & Acquisitions (advisory, execution and financing)
- Tax optimisation of investments and credits
- Project Finance (infrastructure and energy)
- Securities Services (brokerage, custody, clearing and settlement)
- Private Banking (in co-operation with BNP Paribas Switzerland, Monaco, Luxemburg and Singapore)